Your safety is important.Book Appointment
East Ryde Family Medical Practice is still open.
We have the added service of telehealth consultations as well as continuing our face to face consults.
Face to Face Consults
Important Information regarding in room appointments:
- If you feel unwell, no mater how mild your symptoms are (even if it is just a runny nose), please DO NOT arrive at the surgery, but rather phone 9888 1083 to discuss your symptoms with a GP.
- You MUST wear a MASK whilst in the surgery.
- Please SANITIZE your hands on entry.
- If you need to bring a chaperone – please limit this to only one other person.
- Do not arrive any earlier than your appointment time.
- Please call from the car when you arrive and remain outside until it is your turn.
Emergencies for serious and urgent matters please phone 000.
Important information regarding Telehealth Consults:
You must have been seen via a face to face consult with in the last 12 months to have access to rebateable or bulk billed telehealth (this is a recent legislation change). If you have NOT been seen with in 12months – a FULL consult rate applies.
- To book a Telehealth consult online or phone 9888 1083.
- Our GPs will either do a telephone or video conference with you.
- Once you have made your booking, our GPs will either phone you or send you an SMS with a video conferencing link via GPConsult at your booking time.
- Please have your mobile device fully charged and ready for the call at the time of your booking.
- Please ensure you answer the call on the first attempt (private number or a 9888 or 9887 number) or click on the link from the SMS as soon as you receive it.
- If you miss the call you may need to re-book for another time (and cancellation fees may apply).
- You do not need to download any software in order to connect with our GPs via video link.
- If you do not have a smart phone that allows video conferencing – the GP will phone either your home or mobile number.
- During your call you may need scripts or referrals; we can then forward these to your pharmacy or specialist directly.
- After your call, should there be a fee please phone reception after your consult to make payment over the phone with your credit/EFTPOS card (we are able to process Medicare rebates over the phone too)
- Fees – After reimbursement, your out of pocket costs will be $40 for all Telehealth calls, this is only available to patients that have had a Face to Face appointment in the last 12 months, if you have not had a face to face appointment Full Rates will apply.
Examples of Telehealth Consults
- Script renewals
- Mental Health Care Plan
- GP Care Plans
- Check ins
- Medication Reviews
- Result discussions
- And more
Please note delays do occur in general practice and this is no exception with phone consults either, Our GPs will try their best to get to you at your booked time, but unfortunately due to circumstances out of our control your phone consult may be slightly delayed.
As at August 2020, after reimbursement, your out of pocket costs will be $40 for telehealth consults.
Under new legislation, in order to access rebateable telehealth consults, you must have been seen Face to Face with in the last 12 months at our Surgery, if not a Full Charge will apply.
If a patient has been seen with in 12 months, some groups may also be eligible for a Bulk Billed telehealth consult. These patients include:
- All patients with a concession card
- All patients under 16 years old
- Vulnerable patient at risk of COVID-19, so a person who:
- is required to self-isolate or self-quarantine in accordance with guidance issued by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee in relation to COVID-19;
- is at least 70 years old;
- if the person identifies as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, or
- is pregnant;
- is the parent of a child aged under 12 months;
- is being treated for a chronic health condition;
- is immune compromised;
- meets the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection
Our usual fees are in place for face to face consults.
East Ryde Family Medical Practice is not testing for Covid-19 onsite, but rather providing referrals for testing at local private pathology centres (drive thru). Please book in for a phone consult for an assessment with your GP.
We encourage EVERYONE with ANY symptom to come forward for testing, no matter how mild (could be a sniffle or scratchy throat or slight cough or nausea or out of breathe or fever or fatigue). Please phone your GP for assessment over the phone on 9888 1083.
Now more than ever, it is important to maintain high vaccination coverage levels to prevent outbreaks of vaccine preventable diseases in the community. Immunisations should not be delayed. If you or your child is due for an immunisation please phone the surgery for a face to face consult.
Flu Shots We have these in stock for all ages, please book a dedicated appointment with your GP (you will need to phone 9888 1083 to do this).
Shingles Vaccines Patients aged between 70 -79 can receive a government funded vaccine that will help prevent shingles.
Pneumococcal Vaccine Patients aged 65 and above should receive at least one dose of the Pneumococcal Vaccine. This vaccine helps protect against serious infections caused by 23 types of pneumococcal bacteria.
Please do not put your health on hold and wait for Covid-19 to pass. Please keep to your regular intervals and touch base with your GP via the phone, as you would normally do in person pre COVID-19. After speaking to your GP over the phone, he or she may book you in for physical reviews such as:
- Pap Smears
- Skin checks
- and more
We are limiting the number of people in our surgery at one time. Our waiting room is essentially closed and we ask people to wait outside or in their car while they wait for their appointment.
We are continuing to send health reminders / result alerts via SMS. When you receive the SMS please click on the link and enter your SURNAME and DOB to view the encrypted message:
We are accepting new patients. If you live in the Ryde Area or have been referred to our practice and would like to join as a new patient, please phone 9888 1083 to find out about our process.
Information regarding Covid-19 is always evolving, and we will endeavour to update our patients and staff accordingly to the guidelines set by NSW Health.
Please follow us on Facebook to review our Health updates.
In order to slow the spread please remember to
- Practise good hand hygiene
- Social distancing
- Follow the limits for public gatherings
- Understand how to self isolate when directed to do so.